I asked on my Instagram story if you all wanted me to share my skin routine and the majority of you voted yes. So here we go!
Growing up I have always had clear skin, bar a touch of acne in my teenage years, my skin has always been pretty normal. However, in the past few months I’ve found my skin to be to be extremely dryer than normal. To rectify, it I have tried some new face wash/masks and different moisturizers which has been working pretty great for me.
Firstly, I would like to say that it is very important to be comfortable in your own skin. Sure, it can be hard to accept the parts of yourself that you perceive as flaws. But what you may consider a flaw, someone else probably admires. When you focus on accepting all parts of yourself, you will always be confident in your own skin.
What I use on my skin:
Before applying any makeup or moisturizer, I like to exfoliate my skin i.e. 2-3 times a week. I don't do this every day as exfoliating tends to be harsh on the skin.
1. To remove my makeup, I use the Garnier Micellar cleansing water
2. I wash my face every morning and night before going to bed with the Simple Facial Wash. It helps remove dirt, oil and makeup that can clog pores
3. I used the Neutrogena daily scrub 2-3 times a week to exfoliate. The scrub removes dead skin cells and impurities
4. After exfoliating, I apply the Tea Tree oil to the dark areas of my face. Tea tree oil acts as a powerful weapon against acne. It penetrates deep into the skin and disinfects the pores to clear acne pimples. Simply apply tea tree oil directly on the acne affected skin areas by using a cotton pad and rinse after few minutes with lukewarm water.
5. I apply Ikarov Pure Bulgarian Rose Water on my face and neck with a cotton pad. Rose water hydrates, refreshes and smooths the skin. It also tones up the skin and prepares it for oil or cream to be applied on. Rose water is Alcohol-Free, Ammonia-Free, Formaldehyde-Free, Hypoallergenic, Paraben-Free, Silicon-Free and Sulfate-Free.
6. Finally, I use the Vaseline Cocoa Radiant Butter to moisturise my whole face and neck. It helps heal dryness and smooth away dullness, to reveal a natural glow
My skin is finally getting back to normal and I have even been getting compliments saying it is ‘glowing’! I feel so much more confident in myself.
Guys the main thing with skincare is knowing what works for you. There is no point constantly using different products because, you will never know what is effective for you. Once you buy a product, use it consistently for about three weeks, in order to evaluate if it is effective or not. After a period of time you should notice a difference. It is important to know which ingredients in the products are suitable for you. For instance, as I stated above, I have really dry skin therefore, I use oil based products to moisture my skin and prevent it from becoming irritated.
Two tips which I would suggest are:
KNOW YOUR SKIN TYPE: you need to know which skin type you have for example, oily, dry, combination etc. This will enable you to buy the products which are most suitable for your skin type.
KNOW THE INGREDIENTS: It is really important to identify the ingredients in the products. For instance, non-alcohol based products tend to be suitable for all skin types. However, other products which contain different ingredients might not be appropriate for everyone. Guys always read the label and research whether it would be effective for you or not.
Vanity Planet Glowspin
Let me know if you try any of these products and don’t forget to use my new tag #testylesinspiration.
Thank you for stopping by!